Well, I won’t die of scurvy

Day one of eating only things that grow in the ground.

So far I feel pretty awesome and well, I won’t die of scurvy, so there’s that.

Let me start this blog by saying this. I don’t care what you eat. I don’t care what exercise regime is working for you. I don’t care if you eat nothing but bloody steaks or throw up in your mouth at the thought of eating a chicken taquito. This blog is not about what diet is correct, which workout is better, or whether someone is going to die of a vitamin deficiency for not consuming a particular type of food. This blog is my outlet because after a year of eating relatively healthy and adding exercise back into my life, it’s not enough. 55lbs lost is great, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not enough.

I’m 34 years old and I am overweight. I am not a little overweight, I am unhealthily overweight. It has occurred to me that the only thing holding me back is me. Oh, this one time won’t matter…it’s too cold to go walking…I’m just really busy this week…but it’s a HOLIDAY! It’s all bullshit and I know it, so here’s the deal. This blog is my way of having some accountability to someone other than myself. It’s a way for me to get my feelings out and cleanse my soul so that it will be harder to cave when I should be digging in and digging deep to cross this finish line.

So what am I? I have no idea. I suppose officially I am Pescatarian, as of today, but since I hate fish, I don’t know how long that term is going to stick. Am I vegan? Sort of. I am whatever eats 75% vegetables and fruits, and the other 25% is made up of some grain and whatever fish I can choke down or small amounts of dairy if I can manage to get those in too. I don’t really like meat, and I like cheese too much so…this is going to be an interesting experiment. Before you flip out, yes I know about B12 deficiency and yes I’ve talked to a nutritionist.

The eating ground things is only a very small portion of the pain I am about to endure on this journey, and let me tell you, pain for me was having to put Kale and Sweet Potatoes in my grocery cart today.

Gman wants me to go running with him.

He has made me download this Couch to 5K app and we start the program on Monday. I didn’t even like running when I was thin. In high school, I was on the soccer team and when we had to go running as part of training, I would start off with everyone else then convince a friend to pick me up in her car, go get a milkshake, then get dropped off somewhat near the finish line. That is how much I hate running.

Surprisingly even with as heavy as I am now, I can actually run. I just hate it. I hate it almost as much as I hate Sweet Potatoes and Kale.

Gman does not care. “Well, we’ve tried doing things we like for a year and we’re still fat.” Touche you bastard.

So there ya go. Day one down and running starts on Monday. I am going to hate every minute of this for a long time so I thought, what better way to start than to express my hate of all this to all of you.

Muah!

Tiff

A little inspiration from someone much cooler than me….

 

Advertisements

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s